Monday, January 16, 2012

Checkin in

So.... since my last post back on September 4th I've been running pretty consistently. I actually got back into a groove (post-harvest) a bit quicker than I anticipated. Here it is January 16th and I've had 4+ very solid months of running on trails and in the mountains.... averaging between 160 to 200 mile months with around 28,000 to 30,000' of vertical climbing a month, so totals would be between 700 and 800 miles and in the neighborhood of 127,000 and 130,000' of vertical. Not too shabby I suppose. I'm still entertaining the fantasy of entering an ultra race someday soon. It probably doesn't help that I recently went on a group run with some of the awesome people from the Flagstaff Ultra Running Club! It was a great outing with some very cool people, and of course I questioned several of them about the various distances and ultras they've ran... quite educational and enticing for me. Not sure If I'll actually run another race but I sure do get the itch dreaming about ultras, especially when I'm out on long runs in the mountains having fun.... we'll just have to wait and see, but for now its more time enjoying the trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment